Integration with Facebook
Chaport Facebook integration allows you to answer customer questions coming from Facebook Messenger directly from Chaport and your customers to see the operator responses on Facebook. To integrate your Chaport account with Facebook, you should connect it to your Facebook Business Page.
How to create a Facebook Business Page:
- Log in to your personal Facebook account.
- Click on the small triangle on the top right corner.
- Choose “Create Page” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a page category.
- Enter your business information and upload pictures.
How to let Facebook users send you messages:
- Go to your Facebook Business Page.
- Click “Settings”.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- Click on “Messages”.
- Tick the checkbox next to “Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button”.
- Save changes.
How to connect your Facebook Business Page to Chaport:
- Go to Settings → Integrations in your Chaport account.
- Press “Connect” next to the Facebook icon.
- Enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click “Continue”.
- Review the permissions.
- Choose a Facebook Page you would like to connect.
Please, note: You can connect unlimited Facebook Pages to your Chaport account.
How to determine that a message was sent from Facebook:
You will see a small Facebook icon next to a visitor avatar in the chat list. Also, on the right side in the app for operators, there is the “Visitor Info” section, which shows visitor name, email, etc. The "Website" field in this section will contain “Facebook”.
On the desktop, the chat widget will remain unchanged. On mobile devices, when you click on the widget, a menu with a list of the connected channels will appear.